Monday, October 2, 2017

Video Tutorial - LDRS - Watercoloring and Using Dies to Create a Fun Card Layout


Hi everyone!  I'm here with you today to share a super cheery, bright, and fun card using the delightful and oh so adorable Polkadoodles I Brought the Cake image. As detailed as this image is, it is super simple to stamp (it truly stamps like butter, there's no need for a stamp positioning tool here, it stamps perfectly the first time) and it is super simple to color. Here, I water colored the image and it was so much fun to do! I used the amazing dies available from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps to create a beautiful layout on my card which really showcased the image and framed it nicely.  And, as an added bonus, all dies and embossing folders are on sale 20% off until October 31.  Just use the code STAMPTOBER20 at checkout to get the discount!

Here's a video tutorial on how I put this card together:

To create this card, I used the adorable I Brought the Cake Stamp Set from Polkadoodles and then I water colored the image with my Zig Markers and a water brush. I used the Soft Blush Paper Pad to create the backdrop to the image and also the inside die that the image is sitting on top of.  I used the Regal Frames Die Set to cut out the gorgeous Brown frame, the patterned paper frame the image is sitting on top of, and the pale pink element in the top right corner.  I also used the gorgeous Scalloped Swag Border Die to create elegant panels at the top and bottom of my card. For the sentiment, I used the super versatile Splendid Azure - Quick Words Stickers. I chose the "Life is Full of Blessings" sentiment because I love it and I thought it went well with the image.



 Don't forget to check out the Clearance Section to find some amazing deals. Also, don't forget the amazing 20% off sale on dies and embossing folders from now until October 31 (use the code STAMPTOBER at checkout to get the discount).

I really hope you enjoyed my card for today. It is super possible to get really gorgeous coloring results by water coloring your image and I hope you'll give it a try.  Also, try pairing your dies together to create a gorgeous layout on your card that really showcases your main image and your design.

Thank you for joining us here at the LDRS Inspiration Blog. Remember we are always here to inspire you.

There are some great deals in the CLEARANCE SECTION of our store available NOW and there is a DISCOUNT CODE available on the Spotlight product from the monthly NEWSLETTER so get signed up! Love video tutorials?  Our DT on the YOU TUBE channel will show you how to use the products. Visit us at any of our other Social Media locations and never miss out on inspiration with these great products!
Huge Hugs,
Christine

1 comment:

Chriss America Real said...

This card is really cute ! And thank you so much for the tutorial .

Hugs,

Chriss

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company