Friday, September 8, 2017

Video Tutorial - MFT Witch Way is the Candy - Water Coloring fun Halloween Card

Hi everyone! :)  I hope you are having a fantastic week!  For all my readers affected by Harvey and to those in the path of Irma, I want you all to know you are in my thoughts and my prayers and if there's anything you need or anything I can do from here, please don't hesitate to ask.

I have a fun Halloween card and video to share with you all today.  In this video, I share how I water colored this adorable witch image from My Favorite Things.  Here's my video:


(To watch on YouTube, click HERE)
In this video, I share how I painted the adorable witch and I also share how I put the card together.  To see how I created the exact watercolor background you see on the card, please watch this video here:

(To view on YouTube, please click HERE)


Here are some pictures of today's card:




To create my card for today, I first created the background using the purple and gold paints from my Gansai Tambi watercolor paints.  I then let the background dry and cut it out with a large stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn (it's the largest die in the Large Stitched Rectangle Die set that covers the entirety of an A4 sized card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2)).  I used the Silver and Black watercolor paints from the same paint set to color the moon (which I cut out using a circle die I had in my stash).


Next, I stamped the adorable images from the adorable Witch Way is the Candy Stamp set by MFT using my Hero Arts Black Dye Ink (which is my favorite for water coloring).  I then painted the images with my Zig markers and a water brush.  To color the witch, I used the following colors: Black (for hat and cloak), Dark Brown and Brown (for hair), Violet and Light Violet (for dress and boots), Brown and Light Brown (for top of broom), Dark Brown (for broom stick), Light Green and Orange (for shirt and stockings), Yellow, Light Violet, and Violet (for band around hat), and Flesh Color, Blush, and Almond Pink for her skin tones.  For the pumpkins, I used orange and then Dark Brown for the stems.  For the cat, I used Black, Light Violet and Violet for the bow tie, and Light Green for his eyes. 


Next, I cut the grass out of black cardstock using my Grassy Hillside Borders dies from Lawn Fawn.  I adhered the grass to the bottom of the panel.  I then used some white embossing powder to emboss the sentiment.  Finally, I adhered all the images with foam tape onto the panel and then adhered the entire panel to the front of a white A2 notecard using foam tape.  I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to her dress and to the pumpkins and I also added some sequins (which I adhered using Ranger's Multi Media Matte glue).  What do you think?


Well, that's it from me today.  I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company