Monday, September 4, 2017

LDRS - Watercolor Painting Adorable Polkadoodle Image from LDRS plus New DT Announcement


Hi everyone!  I'm here with you today to share a super cheery, bright, and fun card using the delightful and oh so adorable Time for Tea image. As detailed as this image is, it is super simple to stamp (it truly stamps like butter, there's no need for a stamp positioning tool here, it stamps perfectly the first time) and it is super simple to color. Here, I water colored the image and it was so much fun to do! This sweet Time for Tea image combines two of my loves: Tea (obviously :) ) and reading. This image was absolutely perfect for me and I knew this had to be my first image I worked with as a new member of the LDRS Design Team :)
To create this card, I used the adorable Time for Tea Stamp Set and then I water colored the image with my Zig Markers and a water brush. I used the Soft Blush Paper Pad to create the backdrop to the image. I also used the gorgeous Scalloped Swag Border Die to create elegant panels at the top and bottom of my card. For the sentiment, I used the super versatile Splendid Azure - Quick Words Stickers. I chose the "Be Still My Heart" sentiment because I'm sending this card to a fellow book lover and we both have books on our hearts :)
In this photo, the lighting is a bit off, but I wanted to share because this was the best way I found that I was able to show in the photo all the glossy accents and glitter accents I added to the image. To do this, I first added my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to various elements of the image such as the bow in her hair, her dress, the tea pot, and the cups. I then went over the cups and tea pot with Glossy Accents to create a fun shiny look. It's really fun and sparkly in real life.
I'm so honored to be a DT Member for LDRS Creative. This is a company I have admired and followed for forever and it's such an honor to work for them now. I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I have also created a video tutorial showing how I created this card.  You can view the video here:


 Don't forget to check out the Clearance Section to find some amazing deals.
I really hope you enjoyed my card for today. It is super possible to get really gorgeous coloring results by water coloring your image and I hope you'll give it a try.
Thank you for joining us here at the LDRS Inspiration Blog. Remember we are always here to inspire you. There are some great deals in the CLEARANCE SECTION of our store available NOW and there is a DISCOUNT CODE available on the Spotlight product from the monthly NEWSLETTER so get signed up! Love video tutorials, our DT on the YOU TUBE channel will show you how to use the products. Visit us at any of our other Social Media locations and never miss out on inspiration with these great products!
Huge Hugs,
Christine

1 comment:

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful card and a fabulous video! I need some Zig pens now!!! :) xxx

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company