Monday, July 10, 2017

Video Tutorial - Creating a fun Background Scene with Distress Oxide Inks and Craftin' Desert Divas Stamps

Hi everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  Today, I have a video tutorial and two cards to share.  I wanted to share how I created this fun background on my card using Distress Oxide inks.  I'm also showcasing a brand new stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas called Sunny Vibin.  It is so cute!  Here's my video:

And here are some pictures:






For this card, I used Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxie inks to create the background.  I used Zig Markers to color the flamingo.  I used the following Zig Markers for my coloring: Flamingo Pink, Orange, Yellow, Peach Pink.  I covered the image with glitter with my Wink of Stella Pen.  I cut out the rectangles using the Fancy Frames dies from Craftin' Desert Divas.  To finish it off, I added some sequins and twine from my stash. 


Here's a second card I created with this stamp set:






For this card, I used Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Cracked Pistashio Distress Oxide Inks to create the colors of the waves and then used the new wave die to cut them out.  I colored the image with my Zigs (Violet, Light Violet, Light Blue, Light Pink, Yellow). 


I hope you enjoyed today's cards and video.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by! 


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company