Monday, May 8, 2017

Shaker Card Samples and Video Tutorial using Hero Arts stamp set and Distress Oxide Inks



Hi everyone and Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  I decided to try my hand at creating some cute shaker cards using this gorgeous new stamp set from Hero Arts called You're So Fabulous (you can purchase this set HERE at Simon Says Stamp) and a distress oxide ink background technique.  I have also prepared a video tutorial to show how I created the distress oxide ink background and the shaker card.  I have a couple samples to show as well as a simple, non-shaker card sample so you can see a simple way you could put a card together using this set.  Here are my cards:







For my first I created a fully loaded fun shaker card :)  I first created my background using Work Lipstick and Broken China Distress Oxide inks.  I then spritzed some water and let it dry.  Then I stamped the image onto the background. I then created my shaker card using acetate and scalloped and stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn.  I added sequins (from Craft Medley. . . I got mine on Amazon) and then I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I added some silver metallic thread behind the sentiment.  I then glued some sequins to the outside of the acetate and also added some pink, blue, and silver nuvo drops to the card. 







I did the same technique as described above on this card except I used Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks.  I created a video tutorial on how I created this card.  You can see the video here:



Finally, I wanted to show a simple card that could easily be reproduced so you had another idea of a project you could make using this stamp set.  You could recreate this card in different colors and create a super cute notecard set for a friend. 




That's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by and I'll be back tomorrow with another project :)




















No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company