Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dude . . . read books!

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are all having a fabulous week.  I have a new card to share with you today so I'll get right to it:


First of all, how adorable is this image?!?!  She's called Pixie Nerd from Saturated Canary and I just love her and I love the saying that comes with it.  I of course colored her with copics.  here are the colors I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E53, E25, E29
Pinks: R81, R83, R85, R89
Bag: E42, E43, E44, E47
Books: E42, E43, E44, E47; B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, G21, G94, G99
Wings: G21, G94, G99 (also Diamond Stickles)

I decided to do some distressing in my card design so I could enter her into the Kit and Clowder Shabby Chic Challenge.  I just used the edge of my scissors and went around each piece of paper, then did some inking with my SU Chocolate Chip ink and a Tim Holtz distressing sponge.  My cardstock is from SU and my DP is a combination of papers from MME and DCWV.  The die cuts were made from a My Favorite Things die.  I added some pearls and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Here's a close up shot:


What do you think?  Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by.  Have a fabulous day! :)  Hugs! 

2 comments:

Kat W said...

I absolutely love this image and your card is beautiful :-)
How have I not seen this awesome sentiment to go with the image though; it's brilliant!
Hugs, Kat x

Marilyn said...

I love this gorgeous card Christine! Man, you can really colour!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company