Friday, October 11, 2013

Everyone Deserves a Fairytale

Hi everyone and Happy Friday :)  This is my second post today, if you are looking for my Inky Impressions post, please scroll down to the post below this one. 

Last weekend, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps had a huge celebration over on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog.  Not only was it World Card Making Day, but it was also Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps' Birthday! :)  There were lots of challenges to celebrate but the one that really caught my eye was the Birthday Challenge because by entering this challenge, you have a chance to become a permanent Krafty Girl DT member, which would be a dream come true for me! :)  If you've been around my blog for a while now, you know I LOVE Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps :)  I use them as often as I can :)  So, I just had to enter this challenge and give it a shot.  Without further delay, here is my card :)


For my entry, I just had to ink up this amazing image.  She's called Lucy and she has got to be one of my all time favorite images (although I say that about all of them :) ).  The challenge is to create a birthday project.  Well, in my household, the best birthday gifts are books so I thought this image would be perfect for the challenge :)  Growing up, I always asked for books for birthdays and holidays and my mom was wonderful at picking out the best books :)  My husband got me a Kindle one year for my birthday . . . best birthday gift ever! :)  Anyway, I of course colored my image with copics.  Here are the colors I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Shirt: R81, R83, R85, R89
Shorts: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47
Blues: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Book pages: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47
Books: R35, R37, R39, R59; E23, E25, E29
Shadow: W2, W4, W6, Blender

I created my card base out of SU cardstock.  My DP is from My Mind's Eye (Blush collection).  The die cut was made using a Memory Box Die.  I added a ribbon and a jewel bling (from Michael's) to the center of the ribbon.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment comes with the image, I cut each word out for a different look.  Here are a few more pictures:



What do you think?  Well, I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed :)  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day! :)

3 comments:

Kat W said...

You always have such lovely colour combinations that really draw me in...then your colouring is gorgeous and the embellies placed just right...yep, this has winner written all over it! Good luck with the DT call :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Christine, and the very best of luck, with the DT call, I sure hope you get good news xxx

Miss NiceRoad said...

such a beauty :)

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company