Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dream the Impossible

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! :)  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  The new challenge is up over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog.  Our challenge this week is anything goes with an optional twist to do something vintage with your project.  Here's my card:


Isn't she pretty?  This gorgeous image is called Breeze by Saturated Canary for Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  I inked her up with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamped her onto Copic Xpress Blending Card.  I of course colored her with Copic Markers.  Here are the colors I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Pinks: RV000, R81, R83, R85, R89
Blues: BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09

Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock.  My DP is from MME (Blush Collection).  I distressed the edges of all my papers with my scissors and then added some lace and a pretty bow for a vintage feel.  The dies were made from a Memory Box die (Tab will be getting these in the store soon and has a bunch up for preorder right now so go check them out).  I also added some jewels and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.  Here are a few more pictures:

 

I'm also entering this card into the Little Darlings Rubber Stamps Facebook Contest.  What do you think?  Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by and make sure to stop by 7 Kids College Fund for all your crafting needs.

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Christine this is beautiful, love the image and the lush colours, what an amazing bow too, xxx

Christine L said...

Fabulous colouring and stunning card Christine... love it!

Hugs
Christine x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the beautiful image and your colouring is fabulous. Love the pretty papers and gorgeoues embellishments xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine!! Thanks for the blog love on my cheeky card!! I'm so glad you popped over!! :))

I love your breezy girl !! She looks fab!! :)) The dies & ribbons that you use to frame your images give your cards a signature look!! I always know they are yours!! I saw a bubble gum one the other day from KK & I knew right away it was yours. :))

Thanks again & I hope you'll pop by again sometime!!
Xo

peggy said...

Woooow, this is stunning !!!

Hugs, Peggy

Kat W said...

This is so eye-catching with the stunning colour combo and gorgeous layers - love how they overhang the edges of the card :-)
Hugs, Kat x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company