Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! :)  I hope you are all having a fabulous week.  For my friends in the US, as well as around the world, I'm sure we are all joined together today in remembrance for all the lives lost on this date twelve years ago.  I remember it like it was yesterday, I remember where I was, what I was doing, and what those hours and days were like as we watched the news and tried to figure out why and how this could happen.  I will never forget and I continue to keep all the families and friends of the victims in my thoughts and prayers.


Okay, onto happy things, I have a fun card to share with you today.  The new challenge is up over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog.  For my card today, I just had to play with this adorable image.  She's called Starry Birthday by Tiddly Inks (Tiddly Inks Starry Birthday).  I inked her up with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamped her onto Copic Xpress Blending Card.  I of course colored her with my Copic Markers.  Here are the colors I used:
 
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Pinks: RV000, R81, R83, R85, R89
Blues: BV000, BV01, BV05, BV09
Shadow around image: W2, W4, Blender

As always, I used my Martha Stewart Score Board to score my card.  My cardstock is from SU.  My DP is from the Carta Bella Cool Summer paper pad.  I added a bow and a jewel for a finishing touch (I always use Scor Tape to adhere my bows, flowers, etc., it holds perfectly).  The sentiment is from an old clear set.  The swirls were made using a Memory Box die (I got mine from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.  Here are a few more pictures:




What do you think?  Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by and please make sure to stop by the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT creations and to play along in the challenge.  Also make sure to stop by 7 Kids College Fund for all your crafting needs :)  Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Very pretty card, love the colors! Those papers are really nice, hmm may need to look into those. Beautifully done!
Hugs Kelly

Unknown said...

Awesome, Christine, I love the image and your layout hun xxx

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company