Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) I'm so sorry it's been so long since I posted. I have been so crazy busy around here. For those of you that follow me on Facebook, you may already know this, but at the end of last week, I rescued the sweetest, friendliest, most loving stray cat I've ever seen. He was abandoned outside of the courthouse where I work. I took him to the vet and now he's home with us and he's just the sweetest thing ever. I've been so busy taking care of him (he was sick) and running around like crazy at work that I haven't had much time to craft. Luckily I was able to get into the craft room last night and I have a fun birthday card to share with you today.




The adorable turtle is from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs (the Party Animal set). I cut the image out using my Silhouette, put all the pieces together, and then did some doodling with my white gel pen. I used an adorable Peachy Keen face stamp for his sweet face (the Wide Eyed Kids Assortment stamp set). Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. The DP is from MME. The sentiment is from Studio G (from the $1 bin at Michael's). I added some pearls for finishing touches. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! :)

5 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful card, as usual! Congrats on your new fur baby -- I totally understand him taking up your time:-)

Danni said...

Super cute and fun card!

Unknown said...

oh this is so cute! i can NOT get my black cat to cut right yet and it is driving me crazy!!!!!

Lyn S said...

Adorable card Christine! Have fun with your new kitty!

Crafty Starkie said...

Holy cuteness!

A - I seriously LOVE the turtle!

B - I am so glad you adopted a new fur baby! I don't know where I would be without mine. I hope the sweet little thing is feeling all better. (I bet it is just because of the love)

Hugs!

Crafty Starkie

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company