Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pixie Dust

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday! I hope all my friends in the US had a wonderful 4th of July! We had a great long weekend here. On Saturday, hubby and I went out to a nice lunch and then saw the new Transformers movie (it was his turn to pick the movie :) ). It was actually really good though, I was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. Yesterday we had brunch with a friend then watched some movies at home curled up with the kittens. Today hubby had to work so I vegged out, did some crafting, and made us a nice dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, and cantaloupe, yum!). I also finished the latest book by my most favorite author ever, Karen White. Her latest novel, The Beach Trees, is absolutely fabulous as are all her books. I highly recommend them! Today it's back to work, but this work week isn't looking too bad so I can't complain :) Well, enough chit chat and onto my card :)





For my card today, I decided to use this adorable image from Treasure Box Designs. This particular image is called Tooth Fairy. I decided to turn her into a "regular" fairy and I didn't use the tooth image :) I purchased the SVG file from Treasure Box Designs, then downloaded it into my SCAL 3.0 program and then cut it out using my Silhouette. I chalked around all my pieces, then pieced everything together. After I pieced everything together, I did some doodling with my white and black gel pens. The cardstock is from SU and the pink glittery paper is from DCWV. Next I put my card base together using SU cardstock. My DP is from Basic Grey. I wrapped some chocolate colored twine around the DP and then adhered my image with dimensionals. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch on the top piece of cardstock. The adorable sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps (Happily Ever After set). For a finishing touch, I added some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and some dew drops. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I planned to have some Cricut projects up as well as some more scrapbook pages done over this holiday weekend, but I spent too much time doing other things :) I'll catch up this week, I have lots to share and I also have some really exciting news that I can't share yet, but will be able to share with you soon so stay tuned :) Have a wonderful day and thanks so much as always for stopping by.

No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company