Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Day Out West . . .

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend, yay! :) I am SO excited to share my project with you today so I'll keep my chit chat super short and get right on to my project (warning, this post is picture heavy).

I decided to create a two-page 8x8 layout spread for one of my scrapbooks. When I was growing up, I was fortunate and blessed enough to have wonderful parents who took me on fabulous vacations every year. I got to see so many parts of the country and the world and I am SO grateful for that. One of my favorite trips was a trip we took out west to New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado. We of course saw the Grand Canyon as well as so many other wonderful things. We have tons of photo albums full of pictures from these trips. I lost my mom six years ago and I still find it difficult to open those photo albums. I decided that I would honor her and those wonderful memories by picking out some of my favorite photos from each trip and scrapping them. This is the first layout spread in this journey of mine and I hope you like it :)



Here is the two page spread (I know the picture isn't great, it's hard to get both pages together in one picture). I haven't added my photos/photo mats or my title yet because I'm not sure yet which pictures I'm going to pick. The absolutely adorable cut out images were made using my Silhouette. I downloaded all the images from Treasure Box Designs. All the images I cut out were from the Southwest Collection. You get all the images I cut out plus a couple more, plus diagrams on how to put all the pieces together all for just $2.99! How cool is that?!?! I cut all my pieces out and then inked around the edges with various chalks and inks. I still need to work on this technique, but I'm getting there :) I put all my pieces together and then did some doodling with my white and black gel pens. Then I put my scrapbook pages together using SU cardstock and Debbie Mumm DP.

Here are some detail shots of the first page:





And the second page:







What do you think? Well, phew, if you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me :) I had so much fun working on this project. I just love my Silhouette and I love being able to access all these adorable SVG files. I'm having SO much FUN! :) Well, that's it from me today. Thanks again as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a cricut project (don't want my cricut to feel neglected) :)

1 comment:

Peggie said...

Fabulous pages. The dots around the images really help them stand out.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company