Monday, January 24, 2011

Glamorous Fairy

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! It feels so good to be back with a project for you. I'm sorry that I was gone all last week. I finally got some time in the craft room yesterday and my goal is to have a project to share with you every day this week. We'll see how I do :)





For my card today, I decided to ink up this gorgeous new image illustrated by Caron Vinson for Sweet Pea Stamps. This particular image is called Glam Goth Fairy and I think she's beautiful! I truly love Caron Vinson's work, her images are truly a dream to color. I colored the image with copics and then sponged around the image with SU's Bashful Blue ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I lightly added some Stardust Stickles to her wings. I then created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (All Dressed Up Stack). This is definitely a different color scheme for me, but I really like how the blues and greens go together. For some finishing touches, I added pearls, a bow (tied with my Bow Easy) and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. I hope your week is off to a great start. See you back here tomorrow :)

8 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Christine, Glam Goth Fairy is beautiful, feminine and delicate. I love her so much, and you brought her to life. Love the color combo you chose for her. Perfect. Beautiful work.
HUgs. Danielle

Alison said...

This is beautiful! I love that DCWV stack. Her wings are so pretty with that little bit of glitter...and I love that big bow! Such a pretty card!

jimlynn said...

Love that blue and green together! Such a lovely card.
Lynn

marsha said...

Just gorgeous and ver "glamorous"! Love your your colors!
Hugs,
Marsha

Marlene said...

Glamorous fairy, gorgeous card! WOW!

Lyn S said...

Your card is just beautiful Christine! I love the blue/green colours you chose!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well!

Maria Matter said...

hi Christine, sorry to hear you were well! Glad you had some time to craft...that makes life so much better, doesn't it?! :)

Wowza, this is just so stunning Christine! Your coloring always takes these beauties to over the top gorgeous!!!
take care & don't work too hard!
hugs & blessings

B said...

Just lovely! The colored paper is just fab! Fun colors as well!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company