Friday, December 10, 2010

A Cricut Elf

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) The weekend is almost here, yay! Any exciting plans for the weekend? I hope to get lots of time in the craft room, I am way behind on making my Christmas cards this year. After Monday, things at work will slow down until after the holidays so if I can just push through the next few days, I'll make it :)




For my card today, I decided to create another Christmas card using the adorable Jolly Holidays Cricut Cartridge that I got at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. I used my new Gypsy to design the card. I cut the elf image out at 3 3/4". I used the "hide contour" feature on my Gypsy to hide the face the cricut cuts out and instead used my Peachy Keen Princess Faces stamps to create his face. Next, after I pieced all the pieces together, I did some doodling around the image to give it some dimension. Next I cut the presents out (they are a separate cut on the cartridge) and adhered them to the wagon with dimensionals. I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My patterned paper (which I also used for his little shorts) is from DCWV. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the top piece of cardstock and then adhered the image to the card base using dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added some pearls. What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed my Cricut card today. I'll be back soon with some more wintry cards. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much as always for stopping by!

6 comments:

B said...

How adorable!

Anonymous said...

sooo cute!! :)

yenni
www.scrapcollector.blogspot.com

Maria Matter said...

this is soo cute Christine!!
hugs & blessings!

Lyn S said...

Very cute card!

marsha said...

He is just so adorable! Now don't get me wanting a Cricut!
Hugs,
Marsha

Larisa said...

Funny card)) Love this colouring!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company