Friday, October 1, 2010

Just a Little Dusting

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is almost here, this has been a killer week! Any exciting plans for the weekend? I don't know what we're doing yet, but you can bet it includes lots of time in the craft room for me :)




For my card today, I decided to ink up this gorgeous fairy image from Wags N Whiskers. I think she's absolutely gorgeous! I colored the image with copics and then added Stardust Stickles to her wings and to her shirt and shoes. Next I sponged around the image with SU Pretty in Pink ink with my Tim Holtz blending tool (this is what I use on almost every card to get the ink around the image . . . so much cheaper than an air brush machine!). I next created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. For some finishing touches, I added a bow (tied with my Bow Easy tool), pearls, dew drops, Primas, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment is from an old HM Stamps set. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! :)

11 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Good morning Chritine, Wish this beautiful little fairy would sprinkle sunshine over Montreal, rain is pouring again. I love her, She is so lovely, and beautifully colored. Very delicate DP and colors that enhance her feminity.
Gorgeous!
Danielle.

Angela said...

Christine I love this image and your color choices!!! I really need a 2nd job just to be able to buy the stamps and supplies I want oh and a bigger house to put them in!! Well right now I would settle for my own crafting room!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs:)
Angela

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Christine, love the colours on this!
Clairexx

Danni said...

Very pretty card!! Great color combo!

Marlene said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I'd be tempted to turn it into a "crop dusting" card, with my snarky sense of humor...but I'm glad you didn't! She's beautiful! Happy weekend!!! Check out the halloween blog hop on my blog tomorrow if you have a minute. (Prizes!!)

jimlynn said...

Another beauty!!! Love that background plaid. So pretty.
Lynn

Maria Matter said...

oh so pretty Christine! love these colors and the sentiment!
HOpe you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs & blessings!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL work Christine.

B said...

Absolutely lovely! Love the fun colors you picked!

Anonymous said...

Oh so stunning! This is a wonderful image! Love the bit of sparkle on her wings! hugs, Angela

Peggie said...

Super cute.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company