Monday, August 16, 2010

Believe in Fairy Tales

Hi everyone and Happy Monday :) I hope you all are having a wonderful day and had a wonderful weekend. It was a nice restful weekend here and I got lots of time in the craft room so I can't complain :)



For my project today, I decided to ink up this adorable Lady Tilda from the Fairy Tales collection, available at Magnolialicious (link on my sidebar). I decided to create a card and a castle goodie box to go with it. I first created my card. I colored the image with copics (dress: V01, V12, V15, V17; skin: E00, E11, E13, RV21; hair: E33, E35, E37) and then cut the image out and added Stardust Stickles to her headband. Next I cut my ovals out using my oval nesties and ran the top oval through my cuttlebug using my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then created my card base out of SU cardstock. The DP is from MME. I added the ovals and Tilda with dimensionals and then added a bow, pearls, Primas, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts for some finishing touches.




Next I created my little castle box using my Cricut (the box base was cut out by me but the castle was cut out using the Once Upon a Princess cricut cartridge. I cut the castle out twice (one for each side of the box) at 3 and a half inches. I adhered the pieces of the castle together with lots of dimensionals. I added a little treat bag inside the box as a little gift. What do you think?




Well, that's it from me today, I must run to work. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Christine, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I know my little one would love this as I made a castle cake for her 4th birthday(2yrs ago). She is a little tom boy princess!!
You did an awesome job on this Christine and I'm so glad you got some time to craft!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Regina said...

Oh Cristine!!! Your project is abasolutely stunning!!! I love how you colored the Tilda and she´s so cute!!!! You did an amazing job, for sure!
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Regina

Unknown said...

Wow! Amazing projrect! Love both your card abd the castle!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
this is just beautiful. Tilda looks gorgeous and the castle is amazing!!! Whoever gets it is one lucky girl!
hugs,
Shell

Maria Matter said...

holy moly girl, this is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! You are soooo talented Christine and make such beautiful creations!
This is really special!
Did you see the new Tilda challenge I just mentioned on my blog??? You should enter!

Hope you have a great day!
hugs & blessings!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous.....Love that super castle....TFS
hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

WOWZERS!!! Christine, this set is GORGEOUS!!! I totally love the purple and Tilda is colored so beautifully!! Love the papers you used on the card too! Fabulous creation!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Rene said...

I LOVE it!!! Purple purple purple! Truly fit for a princess...what a fantastic job!

cabio's craft corner said...

What a great princess set. Love that 3D castle to match this sweet Tilda card. Funny that I have the same cartridge set, but I haven't open it yet and it was bought over a year. Now I know which will be my next project to try. Thanks for the inspiration :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Danni said...

This is so wonderful!! Love the beautiful card and then the castle...oh my !! Fabulous job!

jimlynn said...

You just make the most wonderful cards - and your castle is perfect with it.
Lynn

Marlene said...

WOW. Excuse me while I pick my slobbering jaw up from off the ground.

Cindy Haffner said...

FUN FUN FUN and so PRETTY!!

Nancy said...

Oh my Heavens! How fabulous - the card and your new blog header. Who made the header for you? It is superb. The card is just wonderful, all around (love the image and the color) and the castle gift box is a fabulous accompanyment. BRAVO.

Peggie said...

Super cute. Love the purple. and what a neat castle.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful!! The castle is adorable! Great Job!

Crystal said...

OOOOO Christine this is absolutely AWESOME!!! I LVOE LOVE purple and your castle wowweeee...What a beautiful card tooo..your really outdid yourself on this project!

Cami said...

Fabulous creation Christine! Wow! I love your card and Lady Tilda colored in my fave color! Your castle is awesome! What a set! Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

YIKES!!! What a verrrrry gorgeous castle and card! Love the sentiment too!! Pat Frank

Dena said...

That is simply precious!!! Wonderful colors for a little girl and great project!
Hugs, Dena

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card and the castle is fabulous. Great job.

LINDA W. said...

Great card and project....love your colors and your coloring.
HUGS Linda W.

Anonymous said...

Christine this is wonderful! Gorgeous colors, beautiful coloring, love it all!
~Pam L.

Christina C. said...

Wow, Christine, your project is magnificent! What a gorgeous castle and a phenomenal card to go with!!

Kathy Gerace said...

What a gorgeous card!! Fantastic job.
Kathy Gerace

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company