Friday, June 4, 2010

May I Have this Dance?

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) The weekend is almost here! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? Hubby and I are going to work around the house a bit. I have to go into Northern Virginia tomorrow morning to get my hair done and then on Sunday and I'm got see Sex and the City 2 with a friend. Other than that, I plan to rest a bit and get some crafting in. Should be a nice weekend, even though we're supposed to get lots of thunder storms.




I created a very simple card today using one of my favorite images from the new Magnolia Fairytale Collection (Diana seems to be out of this one right now, but I'm sure she'll get more in soon). I colored the image with copics (dress and shoes: R81, R83, R85; skin: E00, E01, E11, RV21; hair: E33, E35, E37; crown: Y21). I sponged around the image with SU's Pretty in Pink ink and then added lots of Stardust Stickles to her crown, goves, and shoes. I also added pearls to her crown. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (white and Rose Red). The design paper is also from SU. For some finishing touches I added pearls, a bow and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend!

29 comments:

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Love the little pearls on the crown.

Myrna said...

Very nice card! I can hear the waltz playing now for Tilda.

Silvie Z said...

Awesome Christine! Your Tilda is sooo sweet! I like the pearls on the crown too.
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Crazystamper said...

What a lovely card Christine! Cheers Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Angela said...

So adorable Christine!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! I am going to try to get as many cards done as I can!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Sharon Caudle said...

Christine, she is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is beautful and those papers and flowers are fabulous! Love this card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love 'simplicity'. This card is adorable and I love the colors.
hugs
Jennifer

Regina said...

hristine!!!! Your Tilda is so cute!!! I love the color and the pearls gave a special touch to your card. Love!!! love!!!
have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs
Regina

charlene said...

What a cute card love the colors and her crown !
Hugs
Charlene

Crystal said...

AWW Christine how sweet is Tilda...Absolutely darling creation and love your added flowers!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is beautiful Christine! I love the dark DP behind the image. It really makes your Tilda pop. The ribbon and bow are awesome...

Garnet said...

This is a very elegant card. The colors are so rich. And Tilda looks for proper. Who ever receives this card will diffinitly have a smile on their face when they open this card.
hugs,
Garnet

Sandy said...

Such a pretty card Christine ... I love the paper selection and of course sweet Tilda as she takes the floor. Wow to the crown!
Sandy D

Sandy said...

Such a pretty card Christine ... I love the paper selection and of course sweet Tilda as she takes the floor. Wow to the crown!
Sandy D

Jodie from Oz said...

Christine, wow wow wow, love this sweet Tilda and the design and colour combo is wonderful. Have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz

Cindy Haffner said...

So SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bengelmama said...

Wowwww So beautiful.

NAdine

Patti Jo said...

So elegant Christine! Love the pearls on the crown and your coloring! Beautiful card!!!

Leonie said...

Just beautiful. love all the shades of pink you have used. The pearls are just the perfect touch too. I'm also jealous you aregoing to see SATC. i have to wait another week to see it. LOL
Hugs Leonie

B said...

So sweet! Love the pearls on the crown -- definitely a great detail to really make the card pop!

Danielle Champagne said...

So pretty Christine, I love the stickles on Tilda's shoes and gloves. The details on the crown are so cute! Very lovely work.
Danielle.

Jodi said...

She is just adorable and beautiful! Love her crown!
Hugs
Jodi =)

marsha said...

Very stunning, love the pearls on the crown!
Hugs, Marsha

Anonymous said...

Awww, so pretty and proper. I love the flowers and the layout.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Kathy Gerace said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring - great job.
Kathy Gerace

Angelwood said...

What a pretty card! Don't you just love this Tilda? I think you've colored her beautifully and I love the added pearls to her tiara. Just adorable! hugs, Angela

Stampin Mindy said...

this is adorable, I love this stamp, I haven't even inked mine up yet. I love the papers and colors. The flowers are gorgeous! Such a beautiful creation! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. I love, love, love her tiara.
hugs,
Shell

cabio's craft corner said...

The little pearls on your crown looks awesome. It's such a fun details on this card and your card looks fabulous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company