Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Butterflies and Sunshine

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! We are halfway through the week and so far, I'm surviving Jillian Michaels. I am SO sore though, I feel like I've been hit by a truck! :) Thanks for all your well wishes, I'll keep you posted on my progress :)




For my card today, I decided to use this adorable image from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. This particular image is from Victoria Case and her name is Little Danni with Flutterby (named after my dear blogging friend Danni. I colored the image with copics (greens; G21, G24, G28; pinks: R81, R83, R85, R89; hair: E33, E35, E37; skin: E00, E01, E11). I cut the image out using my Nestabilities and then I sponged around the image with SU Bashful Blue ink. I added Stardust Stickles to the cherry on her dress, to the flowers, and to the butterfly, and I also added Glossy Accents to her eyes. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (Regal Rose and Always Artichoke). The design paper is from DCWV's Nana's Nursery stack. For some finishing touches, I added pearls, butterflies (which I punched out using a Martha Stewart punch), a bow (tied with my Bow Easy), and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh SWEET!!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Super adorable!! I LOVE pink, even more so since I only have boys! LOL! FANTASTIC coloring!!

Angelwood said...

This is just adorable, Christine! I really love this image. I will have to check out the store. Your coloring is awesome - love it! hugs, Angela

Jodi said...

Love the coloring you did and the sweet image you used too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kim said...

Christine this is beautiful hun! Fantastic coloring and your Little Danni is so adorable!!! Great work hun! And thanks for taking time to stop and say Hi today at my blog! I greatly appreciate it! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Maria Matter said...

so so sweet Christine and I love the title of this post...butterflies & sunshine...it just doesn't get better than that! lol
You use the prettiest papers and your coloring is gorgeous!
Two more days til that long wknd! yay!
take care
Hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Your card is absolutely adorable!!! Love all the attention to detail.

Go you, for doing that shred thing. The farthest I've gotten with "shred" is paper. ha ha ha.

Lyn S said...

So sweet Christine!

Jodie from Oz said...

Christine, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Your card is beautiful, such a sweet image and your colouring is gorgeous. Good luck with the work outs, my work outs of late are walking to my craft room lol. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz

cabio's craft corner said...

Your card is so cute and pretty Christine! I love the coloring, layout and the little sweet butterflies! Great job!
Hugs,
Cabio

B said...

Oh so sweet! Love the pink!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty and I love the way you have added the butterflies! Keep up the good work with the exercise. I had a friend that was using that too and she saw results!

marsha said...

Gorgeous Christine! Love your coloring and the butterflies!
Hugs, Marsha

peggysue said...

So pretty! Great coloring and shading around the image. And Jillian, ugh, that is hard! She had too much bouncing in her video for me, but good luck to you!

Danielle Champagne said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the image, your coloring is beautiful. Good luck with Jillian MIchaels program! I am reading her book ...

Jeanette said...

This is so pretty Christine! Love the image and your wonderful soft coloring!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! Very adorable image!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful Danni card!! I love how you colored her and that paper you used! Have a great weekend!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company