Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lavender Beauty

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday :) Just gotta get through today and tomorrow and then the weekend is here, yay! :) I've got a crazy busy day at work today so I'll make my post short and sweet. I was able to get into the craft room last night and was able to create a card I didn't hate. Hopefully this is a sign that my mojo is returning :)




For my card today, I inked up one of my new images from the ching-chou kuik Fantasy Art Collection, available at Sweet Pea Stamps. This particular image is called Misty Reflections and I think she's just gorgeous. I inked the image with Memento black ink and stamped it onto PTI white cardstock. Next I colored the image with copics (Dress: V12, V14; Hair: E35, E37; Moon: Y21; Hat and Gloves: W6, W8; Cats: E13, E14, E17) and I added some lavender glitter from my Sakura glitter pen to her hat and gloves. I then cut out the image with my circle nestabilities and while the image was still in the nestabilities die, I inked around the image with Memento lavender ink. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (Perfect Plum and Basic Black). My design paper is from Basic Grey's Wisteria collection. I used my Martha Stewart edge punch on the top panel of design paper. I used my SU ticket corner punch on all corners and added lavender pearls (from Michael's). For some finishing touches, I added Primas and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, a bow (the double looped bow was tied using my Bow Easy), and a hat pin which I made myself. What do you think?

Thank you all so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow :)

Big Hugs, Christine

11 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love the rich deep colors!

Mojo is a funny thing ~ hope your's starts behaving itself!:)

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Lovely coloring and I love that hat pin!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Christine!! Love your purple and the beautiful coloring and layout!! Your mojo is on fire girl!
hugs,
Chris

Angela said...

Oh Christine she is just beautiful!! I love the rich purples! SO glad you are getting back to your normal crafty self!!

Have a great afternnon and night!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Peggie said...

Love all the purple. The pin just goes with the theme.

Gina Lindsay said...

Christine, this is just beautiful! I love the coloring you did and that black and purple are very striking together!

Randi said...

LOVE this Sweet Pea card Christine! The purples are so gorgeous and so perfect for this image. Love that luscious cluster of purple flowers, too! Really stunning!! Your mojo came back strong!! Have a wonderful and creative weekend!

marsha said...

Totally gorgeous Christine! You have such "flair"!

Hugs,
Marsha

B said...

So pretty! Lovely purple colors!

Kathi said...

It's fabulous. Great coloring of that image. I just got that stamp. I had to have it because of the kitties.

Wonderful work!

Lyn S said...

Beautiful card! Love the purple and the hatpin!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company