Monday, January 18, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Hi everyone and Happy Monday :) I am home safe and sound and I survived prosecutor boot camp :) It was a long week and a lot of work, but I really learned a lot and met a bunch of super nice people. I am glad to be back home with hubby and the fur babies though. There truly is no place like home :)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Now that I work for the government, I get a bunch of holidays so I'm lucky enough to have today off. I've been crafting up a storm this morning :) For my project today, I decided to join in on the Magnolialicious blog hop. The design team for Magnolialicious did a "Pretty in Pink" blog hop this morning, showcasing Magnolia images and lots of pink. Go HERE to start the hop and to also see all the details on how you can join in. You must check out the design team's creations, they are stunning! I decided to create another easel card (love these!). If you would like some instructions on how to create an easel card, go HERE. Here are some pictures of my card:









For my card today, I decided to use Dinner Tilda again (I just love this Tilda, she's definitely one of my favorites). I colored her with copics and then I cut her out. I added Glossy Accents to her cute shoes. I then created my card base. All cardstock is SU (Rose Red and Pretty in Pink) and all design paper is by My Mind's Eye (LOVE this paper company) :) I used my Martha Stewart heart punch on the side panel and at the bottom. I added a pink silk ribbon from Michael's and tied the bow using my Bow Easy (I got mine HERE. I cut an oval out using my oval nesties, and then added roses from Wild Orchid Crafts around the oval. I placed Tilda into the oval using dimensionals. I think she looks so pretty surrounded by the roses :) I added my sentiment, which is from Studio G and then added a pink pearl heart I found at Michael's as a finishing touch to hold the easel card open. What do you think?

Thank you all so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Big Hugs, Christine

41 comments:

Peggie said...

Wow! What a lovely card - in pink of course. Love the flowers around Tilda. Great job.

Christina C. said...

Christine, your easel card is mangificent. I love the circle of roses and that's one of my favorite Tildas sitting so pretty in the center. Stunning!!!

Julie said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! I love the frame of flowers. Great job with the challenge.

LINDA W. said...

I love your card,your Tilda is
so very sweet setting in the flowers.
Linda W.

Katie said...

Christine,
What a gorgeous card!
I have that same paper but I don't have that Tilda, mmm maybe a shopping trip is due!! LOL
A simply stunning card.

Suzanne J Dean said...

She is stunningly beautiful Christine--I LOVE that flower wreath she is sitting in, just fabulous! Beautiful creation--thanks for joining in with us on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

Christine, this card is exquisite. I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing.

Good Kardma by Jules said...

This card is so adorable! Love how you framed her in flowers (very clever!) and all the little extras you added.

LindaC said...

Christine, your card is absolutely beautiful!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just beautiful, Christine! Your dp is gorgeous and I love how you put the roses encircling Tilda! Your coloring is just awesome. These Easel Cards are just the best, aren't they? Love this pretty in pink!

Nancy said...

what a beautiful card. I too love how you used the flowers around Tilda. What a great idea.

Sheri said...

very pretty! I love the roses!

Helen said...

Oh, that is VERY PRETTY! Beautiful! Love it!
Blessings!
~H

Jacque said...

Christine...she is just beautiful!!! Don't you just love those Wild Orchid flowers??? Yo have made such a gorgeous setting for such a darling image...Beautiful job....thanks for showing us some PINK...hugs...Jacque

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Christine! I love your flowers and Tilda is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, too! I love it! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! hugs!

Patti Jo said...

Wonderful card! Lots of pretty embellishments and Tilda is so cute surrounded by roses!!! Well done!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Christine!
What a wonderful job on Tilda. I love all the roses around her. You have coloured her beautifully.
Love it.
Hugs Marion

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWHHH STUNNING YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE DT BLOG HOP TOO YOUR HOLDING YOUR OWN! WOWSERS!! THE ROSES AROUND YOUR MAGGIE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. THE WHOLE CARDS IS STUNNING!RubyM:)

Norma said...

Riley, your easel card is simply gorgous. I love this Tilda, she is so adorable, and you've coloured her beautifully. Love the design and your flowers are gorgeous.

Hugs.
Norma

dolcreations said...

This is one gorgeous card! I love Tilda sitting in with all those wonderful flowers...what a fantastic idea you had to sit her in there! Beautiful work!
Christine

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Hi Christine,

Thx for the sweet comment you left on my blog!

I luv this card! I luv the papers used and the pretty flower border. You coloured Tilda really well. I just luv the easel card. I'm making one for the first time right now.

xoxo,
Lori

Jean said...

Simply adorable.. a perfect setting for a perfect little girl.. she is so beutiful surrounded with all those lovely flowers... love your pop-up card.
thanks for sharing.

Shelley said...

Oh so Pretty! Love the flowers round Tilda and love your colouring. hugs Shelley

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie
Just love this card, great image and fabulous colours and those roses wow!!!
Hugs Jacqui xx

Diana Crick said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous. The rose wreath is absolutely perfect and just makes the card. The whole layout is fantastic.
hugs, Diana

B said...

So pretty! Love the flowers around Tilda!

Nancy said...

Christine your card is gorgeous! Love Tilda and the flowers! Awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

cabio's craft corner said...

WOW WOW WOW Christine, your creations are so stunning and beautiful every time when I come visit your blog :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Christine! Your card is so beautiful. LOVE LOVE the rose wreath you have Tilda sitting in!!
Your DP are lovely and the whole card is wonderful.
Hugs, Candy

marsha said...

I have to say WOW also! What an amazing card - so many elements and all the colors are gorgeous together. Love all the roses and beautiful Tilda!

Hugs,
Marsha

Ila said...

What a Beautiful card, Christine! I love this Tilda, your Gorgeous coloring, flowers..everything!.. Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

This card is incredible!!! I love the flowers!! Girl you never cease to amaze me with your talent!! Blessings and Hugs!

Patricia Garcia said...

Awesome card Christine, love all the pretty roses around Tilda!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Jodie from Oz said...

Christine, Your Easel card is so beautiful! The dp is stunning and I wow love love love how you put the roses around Tilda. Your coloring is wonderful. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cissy said...

This is amazing! The colors are soooo pretty!

Cissy

Unknown said...

This card is amazing!! Tilda sitting in a circle of roses, how fitting!!

scrappyella said...

stunning card. love the rose wreath.

Vivi Casale said...

WOW Christine, this is an absolutely gorgeous card!!
I love it!!
xxx
Vivi

Lena said...

Christine, it'a absolutely fabulous. Great jog.
Hugs,
Lena

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just stunning Christine! Just love the flower garland!

My name is Wynneth said...

This is an awesome card Christine, I love what you did with the roses around Tilda - fabulous idea :o)

I too am a great fan of easel cards, they are very addictive!!

hugs
wynneth
x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company