Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! :) So, how did you all ring in the new year? Hubby and I kept it pretty low key and I spent most of today (which I had off from work) in the stamping room (which is the best way to spend a day off in my opinion) :) Anyway, I have three cards for you today so I apologize in advance for the extra long post :)



I just love the various scenes you can create with Alota Rubber Stamps and Magnolias. I first inked the hat/New Year scene from Alota Rubber Stamps (I got mine from Roses on Paper, Summer is wonderful to work with) with Memento Tuxedo black ink, stamped it onto PTI white cardstock, and colored it in with copics. I used my sakura glitter pen on some of the confetti for added sparkle. I added Gold Geo Shaped Sparklers to the crown. These sparklers are so cool and really sparkle in real life. I also used my Gold Copic Atyou glitter pen for some added glitter on the crown as well. Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Basic Black. I layered Brocade Blue on top of that followed by my design paper. The black glittery design paper is from DCWV's Glitter stack and the blue design paper is from Debbie Mumm's Baby Boy stack (from JoAnn's). I next layered my image onto my SU cardstock with dimensionals, then layered the entire image panel onto the card base with dimensionals. I stamped Tilda and Edwin onto a separate sheet of PTI cardstock, colored them in with copics, and cut them out. I adhered them on top of the hat with dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added Primas and pearls to the card.



For my next card, I used another stamp from Alota Rubber stamps (the wine glass). I colored it with my copics and used my Sakura glitter pen to add some sparkle to the confetti. I also used Glossy Accents on the liquid in the glass. I next stamped Tilda, colored her with copics, and cut her out. I then created my card base, which measures 5 1/4 by 5 1/4, out of SU's Pretty in Pink. I layered Sage Shadow on top of that followed by my design paper from DCWV's Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack. I mounted my image on my SU cardstock and used my SU ticket corner punch in the corners. I placed pink rhinestones from Michael's in each corner and adhered the image panel to the card base using dimensionals. The sentiment is a $1 Studio G stamp from Michael's. The Ribbon is also from Michael's. For a finishing touch, I added pink Primas and a sparkly Making Memories brad.




I'm really pleased with how my last card for today came out. I used this week's sketch challenge over on Splitcoast for my layout (I flipped the sketch). The castle scene is from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. You have got to check out these castles, there are several of them and they are all so awesome and fun to color :) I stamped the castle scene onto PTI cardstock and colored it in with copics. I stamped the image two more times and colored just the castle, then cut it out and popped it on my original scene to give the castle some depth. I also added Glossy Accents to the water.

I next stamped the fairy, also from Susana's store (you can find her here) and colored her with copics. I stamped her again and cut out just her wings. I added Stickles to both pairs of wings. Once the wings were dry, I adhered the first set over the second set and bent the first set forwards to create dimension.

I next created my card base, which measures 5x7, out of SU's Brocade Blue. I layered Handsome Hunter on top of that followed by my design paper from DCWV's Once Upon a Time stack. I then adhered my castle image panel to my SU cardstock with dimensionals, then adhered the entire image panel to the card base with dimensionals. I adhered the fairy to the main image panel with dimensionals as well. Finally, I stamped my sentiment, from Stamping Bella, onto the card base.

Whew! :) Sorry again for the long post :) Thank you SO much for taking the time to read it. I'd love to hear what you think of my cards. I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and safe New Year. Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit my blog every day. I appreciate you all :)

Big Hugs, Christine :)

16 comments:

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

OMG!!!! These cards are amazing!!! The Tildas are of course Adorable...but that castle...WOW! I love all the detail you put into this! The wings pop dotted look awesome! I love everything about it! Great Work@

Ann said...

Wow! These are great. The first one is so sweet, and the fairy is just amazing! :D

stampingtink said...

They're just beautiful! Love the faerie card, but the two Magnolias are just as cute as they can be! Love the bit of champagne in the glass! Too cute!

marsha said...

Christine, your castle and fairy are breathtakingly beautiful! I love, love, love it! I have the castle and now I'm going to have to get that fairy too.

I like your Tilda's too, but they kinda take a backseat to your "fairy tale"!

Deborah said...

Absolutely gorgeous work~!! So much detail, gorgeous coloring.

Yes, the alotarubberstamps do work in lovely with the tildas. :)

I agree, nothing better than hiding out in the stamping room. :) Although when I go to mine - I get followed by the 3 and 1 year olds and they HAVE to play as well. LOL.

Danni said...

Wow! The Tilda's are fantastic, but my word, that last card with the fairy/castle is stunning. I just love what you do with those!
Amazing work!!

Rach said...

Wow Christine you have been super busy. love all of your cards. the castle one at the bottom has real wow factor and must have taken you an age to create. ...awesome. hugs rachxxx

Unknown said...

oh my goodness so cute christine! love the magnolias and the fairy!!!! OMG!! and how have i missed that castle over at susana's?? i just placed an order too!

Lynn Put said...

All of your cards are incredible!
Your New Year cards are darling and this Fairy card is knock out, I love the 3-D wings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
I thought all you cards had great design but You so knocked the castle and faery out of the ball park! I agree with Danni Stunning! The detail and pop and colors and cleverness of it all was jaw dropping!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana M

Andrea said...

Wow, beautiful cards!
xAndrea

B said...

You've been crafting away! So pretty! Love them!

Kerry D-C said...

Wowzers!!! These are all FAB-U-LISCIOUS!!!! The Tilda's are absolutely adorable and the Fairies are just stunning! TFS and Happy New Year!

Lyn S said...

Wow, these are just stunning cards Christine!

The fairy and castle are truly amazing!!

Kathi said...

Both cards are amazing, but that castle/fairy card has me speechless with awe. Just wonderful work!

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful creations, love all the intricate details and the fairy is adorable.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company