Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Christmas Card



Happy Wednesday everyone and Happy New Year's Eve! :) Today I'm sharing my last Christmas card. It's time to move on to some new themes and holidays :)

For my card today, I used another High Hopes image. I love this image, the expressions on Santa and Rudolph are just adorable :) I inked the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it onto PTI cardstock. I colored it with copics and added Stickles to Santa's fur coat. The "snow" is a product I discovered at Michael's called "Snow Writer." I found it on clearance with the Christmas decorations so I bought 4 bottles :)

Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Always Artichoke. I layered Bravo Burgundy on top of that followed by my design paper from K & Co. I then mounted my image panel onto SU cardstock with dimensionals and then adhered that to the card base with dimensionals. The sentiment is also from High Hopes and I stamped it onto the image panel. For some finishing touches, I added ribbon from M's, Primas, and a Martha Stewart pearl.

In some enabling news, Marti at Pez-A-Doodle Designs is having a sale on Inkadinkado stamps so be sure to check that out. Also, Marti will be coming out with something new very soon and I can't wait to show them to you. Stay tuned for that! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think of my card. I'll be back tomorrow with a new project. I wish you all a wonderful, safe, happy, and healthy New Year.

Lots of Love and Hugs,
Christine :)

9 comments:

Rach said...

Fabulous card Christine, the snow looks so effective. Hugs rachxx

Annie said...

another fabulous Christmas card and such a cute image! hugs, annie x

Ann said...

Oh, my! Rudolph is TOO cute! I love all the sparkle you added, too. :D

Danni said...

So cute!! Wonderful job!

Lynn Put said...

This is super cute! Love the sparkly snow and pretty poinsettia flower!

Have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine aka Sue,
Thought your card was holidayrific - there a new buzz word - LOL
Have a great New Year! Thanks for your friendship, designing for me & promoting my store with love!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana M

Anonymous said...

Very well done, love it all!

B said...

Too cute! Love the sparkle on the santa and in the snow!

Lyn S said...

Love the sparkle!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company