Monday, December 15, 2008

Joy



Hi everyone and Happy Monday :) I hope your week is off to a great start. For my card today, I inked up my new Christmas tree from Whiff of Joy stamps and my new Tilda stamp from Magnolia. I first stamped the tree with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto PTI white cardstock and colored it with copics. I added Gold Liquid Pearls to the garland around the tree. I also used my gold and red Copic Atyou Glitter pens to add sparkle to the red ribbons and the candles on the tree. It's hard to tell from the picture, but these copic glitter pens really add tons of shine.

Next, I stamped Tilda onto PTI cardstock, colored her with copics, and cut her out. I used my red copic atyou glitter pen on the garland in her hands. I next created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Always Artichoke. I layered Bravo Burgundy on top of that followed by my design paper from K & Co. I then mounted my tree image onto my SU cardstock and mounted the layers to each other and to the card base using dimensionals. I then adhered Tilda to the image using dimensionals. For finishing touches, I added ribbon from Michael's and the "Joy" embellishment, which is from K & Co.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be back as soon as I can with another project (it's crazy around here right now with Christmas only 10 days away!! :):):)).

Hugs, Christine

21 comments:

Candy said...

Fabulous card!! Love what you have done with the liquid pearls.

deb said...

Wonderful!! You did a great job! Love the tree in the background! Love your Tilda!
hugz

stampingtink said...

She's just adorable! What a great job on the tree and she's just cute as can be! I love the Joy embellishment! Too cute! And beautiful ribbon.

Ann said...

She is so cute! Beautiful job on coloring her, and I love that ribbon, too! :D

marsha said...

Super! I love this Christmas tree with Tilda. Your coloring and embellishments are just gorgeous!

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Christine!! I love your coloring, fabulous accents and the little scene you've created!!...Hugs, Ila

Danni said...

Beautiful!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine,
You can really see all the detailing techniques in the close up. I love how you made the liquid pearls look like garland beads and the shmmer around the candles is great effect! Your coloring rocks and matches the DP to perfection!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana M

Marnie said...

She is adorable I love your coloring!

Lori said...

Your card is just adorable. Love all the added touches.

Melissa said...

All I can say, is that I am so jealous of your talent! You are amazing! I dont know which one i like better, just love them all!

melissa

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card. I love, love, love the tree. and of course Tilda is adorable.

Annie said...

what a fabulous tree and Tilda is so cute too! hugs, annie x

Anki said...

Very beautiful! Hope you are feeling better. Tons of hugs - Anki

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Fabulous card!! Beautiful coloring.

B said...

So pretty!

Lyn S said...

What a sweet card! Your colouring is superb!

CraftyC said...

A sweet Card Christine, hope you have a lovely christmas!
Clairex

Faith in God said...

Hi Christine
I love their cards!
I will always come visit your blog!
Visit my blog and leave a message for me:
www.aartedoscrapbook.blogspot.com

I take this opportunity to wish a wonderful Christmas and a new year blessed by God

with care
Vivi

Lynn Put said...

Oh goodness this is so sweet! Tilda looks very cute in front of this pretty Christmas tree!

fishlips said...

What a Darling looking card your Tilda is just perfect!!!! It's just so eye-catching!!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company