Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lovebirds



Hello everyone :) A double posting from me today. I was able to spend some more time in my stamp room this evening and created this card for the Sarah Kay Challenges blog . Our challenge this week was to use the color blue. I had so much fun with this challenge. This card is for my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary. I hope they like it :)

I inked my Sarah Kay image (from Stampavie) with Memento black ink and stamped it onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I then colored it in with my copics and inked around the image with blue ink (I used blue ink from Memories Direct). Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Night of Navy. I layered SU's Bordering Blue on top of that followed by my designer paper from K&Co. I mounted my image onto Night of Navy followed by Bordering Blue and adhered that to the card base.

Next, I used my new nestabilities tag punch to punch out the ribbon tag. I stamped my sentiment, which is from Studio G, onto the ribbon tag (I used Versafine black onyx ink which I find works best on the Studio G clear stamps). I then ran the ribbon through the tag (the ribbon is from my stash, I think I got it from Michael's). For a finishing touch, I added Primas and a sparkly blue Making Memories brad.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

beautiful card in blue with a gorgeous Sarah Kay image. hugs, annie x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company