Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Book is a Gift



Happy Tuesday everyone,

My card today is a simple card I put together. Admittedly, this is not my best work at all. It's been crazy around here, but I wanted to post something. Getting into my stamping room, even if only for a few minutes, helps me keep my sanity :)

I love the sentiment I used (from Stamping Bella) and when I saw the stamp of Tilda reading, I knew the sentiment would be perfect for that image. I stamped Tilda (from Magnolia stamps) onto Georgia Pacific cardstock using Memento black ink. I then colored her with my copics and cut her out. Next, I cut the circle out of SU's Always Artichoke using my nestabilities. I then ran that through the cuttlebug using the script embossing folder. I thought this embossing folder was perfect for a reading theme. I next cut the scalloped circle out of SU's Elegant Eggplant using my nestabilities and ran it through the cuttlebug using the script embossing folder as well.

Next, I created my card base out of SU's Always Artichoke. I layered Elegant Eggplant on top of that followed by designer paper from DCWV Nana's Nursery (baby boy) stack. I then adhered my scallop circle to the card base using dimensionals. I adhered the circle to the scallop circle using dimensionals and then adhered Tilda using dimensionals. I stamped my sentiment, from Stamping Bella, onto Always Artichoke, used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners, adhered it to Elegant Eggplant, and placed pearls in the corners. For some finishing touches, I added Glossy Accents to Tilda's glasses, Diamond Stickles to her wings, and Primas.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Christine

3 comments:

stampingtink said...

I love her! In fact, she's on my table waiting to be put together. You did a great job with her. Love your papers!

Unknown said...

Love her..the sentiment is perfection!

Monica said...

So cute!! Love that sentiment too! You are creating some Go-geous cards!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company