Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thinking of You




Good evening everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great day. I made my card today for a colleague of mine at work who is leaving our office. She will be greatly missed. I hope she liked the card :)

I started by stamping my new Tilda stamp in Memento Black ink and stamping her onto Georgia Pacific (GP) cardstock. I colored her in with my copic markers and then cut her out. I then stamped the bench (also from Magnolia stamps) onto GP cardstock and colored it with copics. I then used my nestabilities to cut the bench out into a circle. I then used copics to create a sky and also a pond of water under Tilda's feet. I also used my nestabilities to cut out the two scalloped circles, one in SU's Sage Shadow, the other in Pretty in Pink. I then created my card base (which measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2) out of SU's Bashful Blue. I then layed onto the base SU's Pretty in Pink followed by SU's Sage Shadow, followed by designer paper from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) Nana's Nursery stack (baby girl). I then mounted the Pretty in Pink scalloped circle using dimensionals onto the card base, followed by the Sage Shadow scalloped circle. I then mounted the circle with the stamped bench onto the Sage Shadow scalloped circle using dimensionals. I then mounted Tilda onto the bench using dimensionals.

Next, I stamped my sentiment (which is a $1 Studio G stamp from Michael's) onto GP cardstock. I colored in the flowers on the sentiment with SU's Pretty in Pink marker. I used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners of the sentiment. I then mounted the sentiment onto SU's Sage Shadow and again used the ticket corner punch on the corners. I then mounted that onto SU's Pretty in Pink and placed pearls (from Michael's) in the corners.

Finally, I placed Prima flowers on the bottom left of the card and placed a pearl in the center. Going back through my posts, it appears as though I cannot make a Magnolia card without primas and some shade of the color pink :) I guess it's no secret that pink is my favorite color :)

I hope you enjoy the card. I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Christine :)

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Christine, I am loving all those layers! That's a lot of work. Great Job! Jeanette

Susan said...

Very sweet! Love the colors and this DCWV stack is one of my favorites. Great job!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Christine i adore your card.
it is soo cute...
i am also a big fan of the studio G sentiments.. just picked 2 up yesterday :-)
hugs
claudia

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company