Friday, August 8, 2008

Sending You Sunshine



Good evening everyone, TGIF! :) It was a beautiful day today in West Virginia, I hope the rest of the weekend is just as beautiful.

My card today is a card I did for the MFT (My Favorite Things) September Guest Designer Challenge over on Splitcoast. The lighthouse stamp is from Stamps Happen and the girl and dog and the sentiment are from MFT's By the Seashore stamp set. I am so in love with MFT stamps, I just purchased the entire August collection (eeek, there goes another paycheck! :) ). I colored the image with Prang colored pencils and gamsol. It's difficult to see in the picture, but the girl and dog are popped once with dimensionals and then just the girl is popped a second time with dimensionals. I then tore around the image and inked the sides with Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip ink from SU. I then mounted the image onto Basic Grey designer paper and then mounted that onto Creamy Caramel SU cardstock. Finally, I mounted the entire image onto my card base, which is Not Quite Navy SU cardstock. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. Finally, I added flowers from Imaginisce and the pearl is from Martha Stewart. The card measures 5x7.

I'd love to know what you think, I'm always looking for suggestions and tips. Thanks so much for looking :)

Christine

1 comment:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company